Come back this Fall!
A list of all the volunteer opportunities for the 2020 Flower Show will be updated on phs.volunteerhub.com later this year. Until then...
- Create a free account on phs.volunteerhub.com, it only takes a few minutes to create.
- When creating an account, please select the volunteer positions that interest you. Choosing interests allows us to contact you as new opportunities become available.
- Contact Betty Greene, PHS Volunteer Manager ([email protected]) with any questions or year-round PHS volunteer opportunities.
Popular Flower Show Volunteer Opportunities
There are many ways to help at the Flower Show. Here are some of our most popular volunteer assignments.
- Artistic Barrier Aides — Get a “behind the scenes” look at the judging process! Barrier Aides cordon off areas of the Show floor during judging. No training is required. Great for first time volunteers!
- Artistic Clerks — Discover how Flower Show judges think. Artistic Clerks accompany a panel of judges to record comments and ensure that all necessary forms are completed accurately. Great for people who are detail orientated and looking to learn something new.
- Butterflies Live! — Contribute to one of the Flower Show’s most popular attractions! Volunteers help make this both an educational experience for our guests and a safe environment for the butterflies. Clearances are required.
- Concourse Ambassador — Smiles and a warm “Welcome to the Flower Show” go a long way in creating a first impression that translates to a rewarding experience for our visitors. The #1 question asked of a Concourse Ambassador, “Where’s the Butterfly room?”. Great for first time volunteers!
- Horticulture Aide — Three ways to have fun with plants in the Horticourt! Recorders check in plants for exhibition. Exhibitor Aides help exhibitors move their plants from the garage to the Show floor. Runners assist Recorders and deliver cards on the Show floor. No horticulture or plant knowledge is required. Training provided at the Show.
- Ticket Kiosk Attendant — Direct and help Show guests purchase tickets at PHS ticket kiosks.
Some volunteer positions require direct contact with children and will require clearances. Each volunteer is responsible for getting their child abuse clearances on their own. Please view our Child Abuse Clearances Process and Requirements for further information.