Decorating Contest Rules & Guidelines
The annual Flower Show Decorating Contest invites businesses in the Greater Philadelphia area, and beyond, to join the excitement of the upcoming Philadelphia Flower Show by transforming their businesses’ window or lobby displays into festive flowery scenes. This year’s theme, “FLOWER POWER” offers grand inspiration, and PHS encourages businesses to get creative!
Display entries will be unveiled on February 15, 2019, when Popular Voting opens to the public during the Bloom Philly Festival.
Competitive categories for the 2019 contest are:
- Best Flower Shop
- Best Bakery
- Best Coffee Shop
- Best Restaurant
- Best Clothing, Jewelry or other Retail Shop
- Best Lobby
- NEW! Best Fitness Studio or Gym
- Best Hair Salon
- Most Creative
- Best Connection to Flower Show Theme
- Best Connection to Business
- Best First Time Entry
- Best Overall Design Aesthetic and Craftsmanship
- Best Overall/Grand Prize Winner
- People’s Choice/Fan Favorite
- Please submit participation entry form by Friday, February 1. Enter HERE.
- At least one 2018 Flower Show poster must appear in your window or lobby display. Contestants may receive up to 12 free Flower Show posters. Posters will be mailed beginning the second week of February.
- All decorating must be completed by Thursday, February 14 and remain decorated through March 10.
- Participants must UPLOAD* one high-resolution jpeg photo of their window display by Friday, February 8. This photo will be used for judging, a slideshow at the press conference, and online. Upload photos HERE.
*Please do not email photos unless requested by the Flower Show.
- The public can vote for “Crowd Favorite” online from February 15 – to February 27.
- Participants are to mention their submission on available social platforms tagging the appropriate Philadelphia Flower Show accounts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and by using the hashtags: #FlowerShow #BloomPhilly
- A list of participants and winners will appear on TheFlowerShow.com beginning on Thursday, March 1.
- All participating entrants will receive two complimentary Flower Show tickets (valid March 2 - March 10) and a certificate for entering.
*Tickets must be picked up on Thursday, February 28 at the Decorating Contest Awards Ceremony at the Pennsylvania Convention Center at 11:00am.
- All participating entrants will receive two complimentary Flower Show tickets (valid March 2 - March 10) and a certificate for entering and will be invited to the PA Convention Center for an awards reception.
- All winners will receive four complimentary Flower Show tickets (valid March 3 - March 11) and a beautifully framed 2018 Flower Show poster.
- All tickets, certificates and awards must be picked up at the Bloom Philly Decorating Contest Awards Ceremony on Thursday, February 28 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- All participants will be publicized through print and broadcast media, social media and the Philadelphia Flower Show website.
- BACK THIS YEAR! One Grand Prize winner, in addition to four Flower Show tickets, will receive advertising space in the summer issue of the award-winning GROW magazine, valued at $1,330, as well as 4 tickets to the 2019 Flowers After Hours – Beatlemania, that takes place Saturday, March 2.
- The GROW Magazine ad does not include design services. Winner must submit a fully designed ad to the specifications and deadlines of the publication. Cannot be exchanged for cash.
Tips to Win
- Make sure the Flower Show poster is displayed prominently.
- Send in high-quality photos – this is how the judges as well as social media users will view your display and vote!
- A tie into the Flower Show’s theme, “FLOWER POWER” is highly encouraged. Learn more about the 2019 Flower Show here.
- Creativity, attention to detail and color go a very long way!
Will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of Flower Show Theme “Flower Power”
- Use of Flowers and/or Greenery
- Connection to store inventory or type of business
For more information:
Please note that in order to participate, businesses must enter here by
Friday, February 1. If you have any questions regarding the program and/or Flower Show please contact Noelle Blizzard at [email protected].
- Friday, February 1 - Deadline for all entry forms.
- Friday, February 8 - Deadline for uploading of photos.
- Thursday, February 14 - Deadline for decorating to be completed. Please remain decorated through 3/11.
- Friday, February 15 – to Wednesday, February 27 - Voting period for public.
- Thursday, March 1 - Participants and Winners will be listed on TheFlowerShow.com.