Decorating Contest Details & Rules
The annual Flower Show Decorating Contest invites businesses in Philadelphia, the surrounding region, and beyond to get in on the excitement by transforming area businesses into flowery, festive displays. This year’s theme, “Wonders of Water” offers a grand inspiration, and PHS encourages businesses to get creative! The amazing displays will be unveiled in February 2017. Below are the contest rules, with links for further description. At the bottom are the additional ways an area business can get involved!
- Please submit participation entry form by Friday, February 2. Enter HERE.
- At least one 2018 Flower Show poster must appear in your window or lobby display. Contestants may receive up to 12 free Flower Show posters. Posters will be mailed beginning the second week of February.
- All decorating must be completed by Friday, February 16 and remain decorated through March 11.
- Participants must UPLOAD* one high-resolution jpeg photo of their window display by Friday, February 9. This photo will be used for judging, a slideshow at the press conference, and online. Upload photos HERE.
*Please do not email photos.
- The public can vote for “Crowd Favorite” online from February 22 – February 28.
- Participants are to mention their submission on available social platforms tagging the appropriate PHS accounts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and by using the hashtags: #FlowerShow #BloomPhilly
- A list of participants and winners will appear on TheFlowerShow.com beginning on Thursday, March 1.
- All participating entrants will receive two complimentary Flower Show tickets (valid March 3 - March 11) and a certificate for entering. Tickets must be picked up on Thursday, March 1 at the Decorating Contest Awards Ceremony at the Pennsylvania Convention Center at 11:00am.
- All participating entrants will receive two complimentary Flower Show tickets (valid March 3 - March 11) and a certificate for entering and will be invited to the PA Convention Center for an awards reception.
- All winners will receive four complimentary Flower Show tickets (valid March 3 - March 11) and a beautifully framed 2018 Flower Show poster.
- All tickets, certificates and awards must be picked up at the Bloom Philly Decorating Contest Awards Ceremony on Thursday, March 1 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- All participants will be publicized through print and broadcast media and the Flower Show website.
- BACK THIS YEAR! One Grand Prize winner, in addition to four Flower Show tickets, will receive advertising space in the summer issue of the award-winning GROW magazine, valued at $1,330.
- This does not include designing of the ad. Winner must submit a fully designed ad to the GROW editors according to their specifications and deadlines. Cannot be exchanged for cash.
Tips to Win
- Make sure the Flower Show poster is visible.
- Send in high-quality photos – this is how the judges will see your work!
- A tie into the Flower Show’s theme, “Wonders of Water” is always appreciated.
- Creativity and color go a long way!
This is not an official list and is subject to change:
- Best Flower Shop
- Best Bakery or Coffee Shop
- Best Retail Store (Clothing, Jewelry, Other)
- Best Lobby
- Best Hair Salon
- Best Gallery
- Most Creative
- Crowd Favorite
- Grand Champion (highest overall score)
Will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of Flower Show Theme (Wonders of Water)
- Use of Flowers and/or Greenery
- Connection to store inventory or type of business
For more information contact:
- Friday, 2/2 -- Deadline for all entry forms.
- Friday, 2/9 -- Deadline for uploading of photos.
- Friday, 2/16 -- Deadline for decorating to be completed. Please remain decorated through 3/11.
- Thursday, 2/22 - Wednesday, 2/28 -- Voting period for public.
- Thursday, 3/1 -- Participants and Winners will be listed on TheFlowerShow.com.